Latest update July 28, 2020.
This Privacy Statement sets out our commitment to protecting the privacy of Personal Information provided to us or otherwise collected by us, offline or online including through this website (the “Services”) for logged-in and identified users.
This website is operated by de.foundation B.V. KvK 73816027 (“we”, “our” or “us”) and is available at theydo.io (“Site”).
Individuals located in the European Union (“EU”) may also have rights under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”). Our GDPR commitment outlines the details of the additional rights of individuals located in the EU as well as information on how we process the personal information of individuals located in the EU.
What information you provide to us
As a User of the Services, you provide information to us. This includes:
– Profile information like your name, email address, and profile photo;
– Content you provide through the Services, for instance, challenges, notes, tags, files;
– When you subscribe to our paid services, your billing details including your address;
– Details of services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about;
– Your responses to questionnaires, surveys, or requests for feedback; and
– Additional Personal Information that you provide to us directly or indirectly through your use of our Services, associated social media platforms or accounts from which you permit us to collect information.
What information we log about you
We log information about your access and use of our Services. This includes:
– Your communications with our Services;
– Your behavior through analytics events;
– Your Internet Protocol (IP) address;
– Your approximate geographic location;
– The storage of Internet cookies;
– The type of browser you are using;
– The type of device you are using; and
– The type of operating system you are using.
How we use the information we collect
We collect and use your information:
– To enable you to access and use our Services;
– To enable you to create Projects via the Services;
– To enable you to add Customer Data to Projects via the Services;
– To process your payments where you have signed up to a paid service;
– To contact and communicate with you;
– To improve our Services through research and development;
– To prevent and address technical problems;
– To provide you with support services if requested;
– For internal record keeping; and
– For advertising and marketing, including to send you information about our products and services.
How we share information we collect
TheyDo is a collaborative cloud product built for teams. This means sharing information with others through the Services, and with certain third parties.
We share information we collect about you in the ways discussed below, including in connection with possible business transfers, but we are not in the business of selling information about you to advertisers or other third parties.
Sharing with other users
Certain information will be shared with other members of your workspace. These people are usually colleagues you work with day-to-day or clients you have added to your workspace.
The information shared with other users in your workspace includes:
– Profile information like your name, email address, and profile photo; and
– The content you add to the Services, for example, files, notes, journeys, and tags.
Sharing with third parties
As part of providing our Services, we use third-party services to store and process your Personal Information. This includes third parties that store data outside of The Netherlands.
For more information on our use of third parties, including the geographic location of each subprocessor, see our list of data subprocessors.
Other third-party disclosure
In addition, we may disclose Personal Information to:
– Credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities where you fail to pay for goods or services provided to you;
– Courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; and
– Third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of The Netherlands.
If there is a change of control of our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer our user databases, together with any Personal Information and non-Personal Information contained in those databases, to the extent permissible by law. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith.
Your provision of third party information: If you provide us with third party Personal Information then you warrant to us that you have the third party’s consent.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please edit your Personal Information or contact us. We rely in part upon customers advising us when their Personal Information changes. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time. We will endeavor to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
Complaints: If you wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take in response to your complaint. You also have the right to contact the relevant authority in the country in which you are based.
Unsubscribe: You may opt-out of non-transactional or non-account related promotional emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of our communications.
Data storage, transfer, and security
TheyDo hosts data with hosting service providers in numerous countries. We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorized access, modification and disclosure.
Where data is transferred over the Internet, the data is encrypted using industry-standard SSL (HTTPS), with HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) enabled.
Links to other websites
We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we process your Personal Data, whether we can achieve those purposes through other means and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see ‘access, erasure and data portability’ below for further information.
In some circumstances, we may anonymize your Personal Data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for analytics, research, or statistical purposes in which case we may use this anonymized information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Special rights for EU individuals
Objecting to processing: You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data that is based on our legitimate interests or public interest. If this is done, we must provide compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which overrides your interests, rights, and freedoms, in order to proceed with the processing of your Personal Data.
Restricting processing: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Data if (i) you are concerned about the accuracy of your Personal Data; (ii) you believe your Personal Data has been unlawfully processed; (iii) you need us to maintain the Personal Data solely for the purpose of a legal claim; or (iv) we are in the process of considering your objection in relation to processing on the basis of legitimate interests.
Access, erasure and data portability: You may have the right to request details of the Personal Data we hold about you, or to request that we erase the Personal Data we hold about you, or that we transfer this information to a third party.
Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant, or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading, or out of date.
How to Contact Us
If you have any comments or inquiries about the information in this Privacy Statement, if you would like us to update your personal data, or to exercise your rights, please contact us by email at [email protected]